by Shel Silverstein
Long-Leg Lou and Short-Leg Sue
Went for a walk down the avenue,
Laughin’ and jokin’ like good friends do,
Long-Leg Lou and Short-Leg Sue.
Says Long-Leg Lou to Short-Leg Sue,
“Can’t you walk faster than you do?
It really drives me out of my mind
That I’m always in front, and you’re always behind.”
Says Short-Leg Sue to Long-Leg Lou,
“I walk as fast as I’m meant to do.”
“Then I’ll go walkin’ with someone new,”
Says Long-Leg Lou to Short-Leg Sue.
Now Long-Leg Lou, he walks alone,
Looking for someone with legs like his own,
And sometimes he thinks of those warm afternoons
Back when he went walkin’ with Short-Leg Sue.
And Short-Leg Sue strolls down the street
Hand in hand with Slow-Foot Pete,
And they take small steps and they do just fine,
And no one’s in front and no one’s behind.
- thisissomynt reblogged this from museumuesum
- relievingatlas reblogged this from museumuesum
- consumeushumus likes this
- sanschapeau reblogged this from museumuesum
- naturalblog likes this
- lifeisahighway99 likes this
- buildingmosaicsoutoflife reblogged this from museumuesum
- harrystylesdecollete reblogged this from museumuesum
- leaveyouapen likes this
- museumuesum posted this